Are you a Perfectionist?What are the signs?
How do I know if I’m a perfectionist?
I was recently asked by some folks “How do I know if I’m a perfectionist?” and, “How can I spot a perfectionist?”
Being a recovering perfectionist myself – and researching this topic for decades – the short answer is: it’s someone who’s hooked on things being difficult.
If you’re not personally a perfectionist chances are there is someone in your life that is.
You may have been bitten by the perfectionistic virus, even if you’re not naturally a perfectionist yourself.
Many of us are inundated with perfectionist expectations.
Here are some examples:
- We always have to be “working hard” or “busy”.
- Quitting is for losers and anything less than A++ is “failure”.
- We set all kinds of ambitious goals for ourselves and not be happy even if we’ve reached them
- We don’t “measure up” to what we see on social media
- If it’s too simple we discount it as an achievement
- We can’t remember the last time we truly felt like ourselves.
Embracing your imperfections can feel like a wild mindset shift that may require you to break from how you’ve done things in the past. It could set an entirely new course for your future as an authentic person that is thriving vs just surviving.
It might feel weird to consider self-care, relaxation, taking a break, or loosening the reins as a strategy for happiness. What I can tell you is that, this mindset is the secret sauce that the worlds top athletes, leaders and trail blazers apply to sustain exceptional long-term success. I call it “Intentional Recovery”.
Today, ask yourself:
- Am I a perfectionist or living in a perfectionistic environment?
- Could I be just a little kinder and more compassionate with myself today?
- Do I need a little extra recovery for self-care today?
- Take the 2 minute mindset quiz to get more clarity around perfectionism
Today is a breakthrough day!
Join the hundred who have already registered for the Perfect Imperfection online program!
In this powerful self-paced program you will:
- Discover the unconscious beliefs that are driving you. We call them, your inner critic
- Unearth your internal Super Hero that will lead you to trust your intuition
- Find creative tools to strengthen your resilience so you can bounce back when things get tough
- Notice when “Should” and comparison paralyzes your true self
- And so much more!
Created with you in mind, this program offers you a plethora of opportunities to discover who you know deep down inside the person you were always been meant to be.
Isn’t it time to invest in your future?
It’s time to empower yourself and embrace your true authenticity.
It’s time to be Perfectly Imperfect
Join the hundreds who have already registered for the Perfect Imperfection program. Learn to thrive in an imperfect world